February Favorites


Apologies for the quality of the picture, not sure what happened there! But the show must go on right? As you can tell from the title, it's February Favorites time!



Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder // Transparent: This was one of the things that I really wanted when I first became interested in makeup. Everyone raved about it, and a lot preferred to use it over their higher end powders. But every time I'd be at the store, they wouldn't have the transparent shade. Four months of this. I know, the struggle is real. But once I got it, the hype around it lives up. It doesn't make me look cakey, and keeps my shin away.

Physician's Formula Bamboo Wear Bronzer: I featured this in a haul post a couple of months ago, and the only reason I got this was because FleurdeForce had it in a haul video of things she got when she visited the US over Thanksgiving. She said she really liked it, and it was the perfect winter bronzer. Me, being obsessed with British Youtubers, snatched it up. I only started using this when I got my Rimmel London BB Cream and it was a little too light for me. I swirl some of this on with a big powder brush, and it instantly adds warmth to my face. It has a slight shimmer in the package but once it's applied, you don't see it.

Clinique Superdefense SPF 25: For the past three weeks, I've been making my own tinted moisturizer of sorts. I've been mixing my elf Maximum Coverage Concealer in Sand with a little dollop of this moisturizer. I find that it make the concealer go on ten times smoother and it lasts a little bit longer compared to when I used to just wear the Maximum concealer on it's own.

NYC Big Bold Mascara: I have a review of this and you can just go there to know more about it. I love this mascara, I prefer it over the Maybelline The Falsies Flared that I bought at the same time.

"The Great Gatsby": We had to read this for AP English, and I flipping love it! Before we started reading, we had a mock Gatsby party where we had to dress up in 1920's garb and make business cards to give to the other guests. There would be random teachers coming in and out of the room and the goal was to get Gatsby's business card, so we had to talk to everyone because we didn't know who Gatsby was. I highly recommend his book, it's one of the best books I've read in a long way.

"Wake Up": Another book! Yes, I've gone a bit book crazy lately. This one is by Jack Kerouac and it's the biography of Siddhartha Gautama. In all honesty, I didn't even know this was a biography. The bookstore didn't have "On The Road" but I really wanted to read a Kerouac book so I picked this. I was half way through the book, completely loving it by the way, when I read the back and saw that this was non-fiction. It's written differently than you would imagine a biography would be written, and that's why it's more interesting to read. 

VOGUE March 2013: 603 pages of beauty and fashion. And Beyonce's on the cover. 'Nuff said.

So that's it for February. Here's to an even better March!

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts