Battle of the BB


BB creams became all the rage last year, and continues to be a trend with cosmetic companies. These beauty balms have been all over Asia for years, and slowly started making their way to drugstore shelves in the US early last year. These little tubes claim to be skincare and makeup in one, and are supposed to cover and conceal all the while protecting your skin from the sun. Miracle workers, basically.


The first BB cream I got was given to me from my friend. The Misha Perfect Cover BB cream is a 'real' BB cream - read: Asian BB cream. From the very first time I used it, I was impressed. The color came out a little gray at first, but once it set it adjusted more to my color and the finish was, for the lack of better word, glowy. Everyday that I wore it I would get compliments on my skin which of course made me fall in love with it and swore to never betray it. Until it broke me out. I'm sure you can feel my heartbreak through the computer screen. Turns out there's an ingredient in it that is a no-no to oily/acne prone skin. I only keep this baby around to remind myself of the good ol' days.

The Rimmel London 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup caught my attention when I read reviews saying that it was a matte finish. I have a review on this where I talk a little more about it.

The next two are more recent buys, and were bought just two weeks apart due to my inability to go to the drugstore and not get any beauty product. No self control, me. I tried the original Garnier BB cream last summer, and it didn't really impress me. But when I saw itsjudytime on YouTube do a first impressions video on the Garnier BB cream for Oily/Combination Skin, I knew I had to get it. This one is more neutral toned, and I find that I can get away without warming up my face with bronzer when I use this. The matte finish doesn't stay throughout the day, but I definitely don't look greasy when I come home in the afternoon.

I've only used the Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream a few times, but I've noticed that this has the least coverage out of the four. It does help with toning down redness, and helps a little with evening out the skin tone. The smell of SPF is quite strong with this one, which I found to be annoying, but if you have good skin to begin with and you don't mind the smell then this would be a good fuss-free summer base for you.

What BB cream do you recommend?

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts