TAG // ANTI-HAUL: BEAUTY PRODUCTS I WON'T BUY

I love beauty tags. Some of the newer tags are bit too extreme for me, like the Full Face of insert product type here. It just all seems wasteful and quite frankly I don't own enough makeup to even attempt those. YouTube, just like the rest of the fashion and beauty industry, is all about trends and trying out what's new. Now I love makeup and playing around with makeup but there are times where I just have no interest whatsoever in certain releases and would never even think to buy them. The Anti-Haul was started by Kimberly Clark and I've been watching so many of these videos. I love a good haul video but hearing about the products that people won't buy is just as satisfying.

Metallic liquid lipsticks - I have never seen anyone in real life wear metallic lipsticks and that makes me wonder if people actually wear them on a daily basis and not just for Instagram or YouTube. I have thought to get a metallic lipsticks, not even for special occasions or Halloween and it's kind of bafling to me that so many brands are coming out with their own metallic lip products.

Highlighter palettes - I can appreciate highlighters and I can see why someone would get a highlighter palette. Palettes that have different shades of highlight would be good for people who self tan or if they do makeup for other people regularly. But as someone who only sometimes highlights, I'm gonna pass on the highlighter palettes.

Blush palettes - It's the same thing with blushes. I can see why it would be a good product to get but I rarely use blush and I just can't justify paying so much money for something that I'll barely use. The elf blush palette that I have is $6 and I highly recommend it if you're looking for a blush palette but don't want to spend the money.

Too Faced x Kat Von D - When they first announced this collab, I was excited with the rest of the world. But the actual release was disappointing, to be honest. The eyes shadow collection didn't seem to have any rhyme or reason for the colors that were chosen and the packaging is kind of cringey. The cheek and lip makeup bag set is a nice little set but I think the selling point is supposed to be the makeup bag that comes with it and the bag is a glittery, heart shaped bag with a dog's face on it. Again, the packaging isn't appealing to me and I guess I was just expecting more from these two brands.

Gimmicky beauty tools - When the artis brushes first become a thing, I was not interested in them at all. They looked uncomfortable to use because you had to maneuver your hands differently than you would if you used a regular brush and they're also ridiculously expensive. And now Silisponge is a thing and I am confused by this hype. I don't understand why it become a thing in the first place. I mean, I've never tried it and even if I haven't seen any videos on it I can tell you that it won't blend product the same way a normal applicator would. It's like using those plastic brushes to blend in your foundation, why?

Too Faced eyeshadow palettes - More specifically, the palettes that are scented. They just released a peanut butter and honey palette and I'm wondering what they'll come out with next. The colors look nice but I feel like the real reason so many people love these palettes is for the scent and I just can't justify spending so much money on something just because it smells good.

Wow, this got negative real quick. But let's be honest, we've all experience looking at a new release or a new trend and thinking "Wtf are people thinking?!"

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts