COSRX: NEW COSMETIC STANDARD


Since my last post about Cosrx, I've been seeing these products in so many places. Fleur de Force featured the finger defoliators in her Cult Beauty haul, Buzzfeed did a video where women tried out the Korean skincare routine and one of the toners was feature there and I found that Ulta now sells Cosrx products online! More and more beauty websites are starting to sell K-beauty and Cosrx is one of the brands that are being picked up by more sellers.

In my haul post I feature the Ultra Moisturizing Lotion, the Advance Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence, and the Centella Blemish Cream. Since then I've gotten the Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser and the Acne Pimple Master Patch. I got all of these on Amazon because I'm impatient and I like having two day shipping. But like I said, Cosrx is becoming more and more available.

I've had these products for about a month and a half now and I have a pretty good idea of what I like, what works and what's just eh. To be quite honest, I knew just from the first two weeks of using these products but I wanted to use them for a little bit longer to be sure.


Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser - $9.82* -  I prefer my cleansers to be simple. which is why I really like Cetaphil and the First Aide Beauty Facial Cleanser, and that's why I like this cleanser. Once is lathered up, the consistency is in between a more milky cleanser and a foam cleanser. At first I was scared it was going to make my skin dry because foam cleansers tend to do that but this one didn't dry out my skin. It's a very gentle formula and I've been using it in the morning and at night. It smells like Tea Tree and when I looked at the ingredients, it was towards the bottom so there is some tea tree in this cleanser, which is good for blemished skin.

Advance Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence - $14.91 - After I cleanse and tone, I use this essence and I was really excited to try out this product because snail mucus is supposedly good for hyper pigmentation. The essence's consistency is a bit thicker than water, almost like actual slime. I apply this all over my face but I focus on my cheeks and my chin. In just a week, using it in the morning and at night, I started to notice that my dark spots getting lighter. After a month and a half, my dark spots are so much lighter than they were before. So if you have hyper pigmentation, I highly recommend this product.

Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion - $18.51 -  This is my favorite product! It's a really light moisturizing and it smells so nice. It smells like citrus and it feels really refreshing on the face. I use this in the morning and it makes a really nice base for my makeup because it makes my skin so smooth and moisturized. It contains Birch sap which is good for calming irritated and dry skin. The product really lives up to it's name; it's ultra-moisturizing without the greasy, oily feeling.

Centella Blemish Cream - $16.48 - I got this cream because centella is supposed to be good for blemished skin and I thought it'd be good to pair with the Snail Essence to get rid of my dark spots. I only use this at night and only on mornings where I'm not going to be wearing makeup because this is a very thick cream. This comes with a small spatula to scoop out the product and I use a small amount for my whole face. I was actually breaking out in the middle of February and even though this product is meant to clear blemishes, I didn't notice my breakouts clearing faster than they usually do. But paired with the essence, it's been doing wonders for my dark spots and it's also great paired with the lotion to keep my skin really moisturized and soft.

Acne Pimple Master Patch - $5.44 - This is my least favorite product. One pack comes with one sheet of 24 round patches. There are different sizes that you can use depending on the size of your breakout and they're basically hydrocolloid patches that products the skin from infections. I thought that this would be something I can put over a growing pimple and the next day it'll go down in size but this is only good for whitehead breakouts. You can place the patch over the breakout and in the morning, the oils will be sucked out. I don't see this being good for cystic type of breakouts in terms of getting rid of them but it's good to put over the breakouts to prevent you from picking at it.

Overall, I highly recommend Cosrx! My skin is so much brighter and smoother since using these products and I am definitely going to try more of their products.

* Amazon prices at time of purchase

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts