#SHEINSPIRESME


I had a different post that was supposed to go up today but seeing as today is International Women's Day I thought I would blast my girl power playlist and pay homage to the wonderful ladies that inspire me. I'm not going to lie, I've been in a pretty crappy mood all day and I've spent most of it having a pity party of one in my bed. But seeing all the love on social media between all the ladies that have inspired me one way or another is super empowering. Nothing like empowered women empowering women to make you feel empowered. eh?

Elaine Welteroth - Editor in Chief - Teen Vogue
We have to start with the Queen herself. I've been following Elaine for a long time now, since she was still the Beauty and Health Director at Teen Vogue and when she become the Editor in Chief last May, the whole game changed. Seriously. If you're not subscribed to Teen Vogue or at least following them on social media then you are doing yourself a disservice. Elaine and her team are giving girls the chance for their voices to be heard on topics like politics, sexuality, culture and all while having great skin, style and a flawless cat-eye and I JUST HAVE A LOT OF LOVE FOR ELAINE OKAY.

Lucy Wood - Writer, Blogger, Content Creator
Her post is what inspired me to write mine so of course I had to include her. I've been following Lucy since three years ago when she only had about fifteen videos up and I found her because of her Getting Into Teen Journalism video. She was a freelance writer for Sugarscape (RIP I was very sad to hear the news) and last year she become the Multimedia Editor and I remember being so happy for her as if she was my friend in real life. It was just really cool seeing her grow in her career as a writer and her YouTube channel. She used to do more beauty videos and she still does them occasionally but I really like the more chatty videos that she posts now. Her video about feeling lonely in your 20s is one of my faves.

Fleur De Force - Author, Blogger, Content Creator,
Fleur is one of the first people that I followed in the beauty world and she's one of the few whose videos I watch regardless of what the topic is about. The thing that I love about Fleur is that she's constantly busy and on the go but she's always positive and so genuine in her videos. She has her own makeup line, she has collabs with big brands and she's just an absolute #GirlBoss. She's like that popular girl at school that just has her entire life together and you just look at her wondering how she manages to do it all with a smile on her face.

Lily Melrose - Blogger, Content Creator
I've been following Lily since I started getting into beauty but it was only early last year that I really got into her videos. She started doing more vlogs and seeing more of her personality really made me like her videos better. She's very unapologetic about being herself and I love that. Her weekly vlogs are one of my favorites to watch and again, I love how real she is.

Jess from sunbeamsjess - Content Creator
My love for Jess is pretty obvious on here but I can't help it, she's a babe. Her lookbooks are my favorite lookbooks. The way her videos are filmed and edited is different from all the other lookbooks that I've seen and her style is also one of my favorites. Her vlog channel is my absolute favorite vlog channel and I rewatch her vlogs all the time or I have them playing in the background while I'm doing something else. Watching her do YouTube and go to school full time is #studyspo for me.

Obviously, there are more but we'd be here for a very long time. There are so many bloggers and content creator that I love and look up to but the women in my life are also very important to me. So many strong women have molded me into who I am today and for that, I am forever grateful. Even the ones that I don't keep in contact with anymore, thank you for being in my life even just for a little while. I hope you all find what you're looking.

"Here's to strong women. May we know them, may we be them, may we raise them."

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts