AUTHORS I WANT TO READ MORE FROM


    There are some books you read where you just have this feeling that you'll love everything that same author has written. I mostly read fantasy so I do end up reading other books authors have written because they're part of a series. But I've been venturing out and reading a lot more standalone books this summer and I've loved a lot of them.

    
Sandhya Menon
    I'd like to thank Sandhya Menon for making me love YA contemporary again. Middle school and junior high Iscelle is emerging back out from behind all the fantasy books. Her books are just feel good stories that remind me why I loved contemporary. I've read two of her books and I want to get my hands on her two other contemporary novels.

Lily Anderson
    'Undead Girl Gang' has been living rent free in my head since I read it and I need more

Alice Oseman
    Another contemporary author whose book I recently read and loved. I feel like she's more famously known for her graphic novel series, 'Heartstopper', but I'm more interested in reading her regular novels. 

Renee Ahdieh
    I read 'Flame in the Mist' earlier this year for the Asian Readathon and I enjoyed it. Didn't love it but I liked it enough to read the sequel and I want to read her other duology. 'The Beautiful' is about vampires in New Orleans and I just want to get back into vampire stories, tbh. The sequel for it came out recently so the urge to buy both is very strong.

April Genevieve Tucholke 
    'Wink, Poppy, Midnight' was an okay book for me but I liked the writing style in it. I want to see if the same writing style is present in their other books and when I was looking at their bibliography, I saw that this is the same author that wrote 'The Boneless Mercies'. That's been on my wishlist since it came out two years ago because it's a genderbent retelling of Beowulf and it sounds really interesting. 
    
Anna-Marie McLemore
    I absolutely loved Blanca & Roja and When the Moon Was Ours and I need to read every book this author has published. They recently announced another book coming out next spring and I'm excited! At this point, I feel like they're an auto-buy author. 


iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts