HARD CANDY SHEER ENVY PRIMER // SHINE FREE & ULTRA LIGHT



Hard Candy is a brand that I don't really gravitate towards. The only product I've tried from them was a nail polish (which I love) and their famous Glamoflauge concealer way back before I even gotinto makeup. But since switching to using only cruelty free products, I've been looking into cruelty free brands in the drugstore. Hard Candy has a quite a few different types  of face primers and because I didn't have any, I decided to try out two of them. I got one in the Ultra Light formula, which is meant to make your makeup last longer, and the Shine-Free formula, which is supposed to make my makeup matte and shine free all day. I'll admit that primer is a step that I tend to skip or forget to do so it's taken me awhile to really get a feel of how they perform.


I've been using the Shine-Free formula more because I have more base products that have dewy finishes and I wanted to see if it would make a difference. It's a thick formula that has slightly feels like most silicon formulas, that slippy feeling. It's easy to blend out and once it's blended, it leaves your skin feeling really smooth. If you put too much, though, it can feel a little bit tacky and you can feel it sitting on your skin. I use about a pea size or less and it works fine.

I've been mostly using this primer with the Milani 2 in 1 foundation, which has a natural/dewy finish, and I don't really see a different with the finish whenever I use this primer. But I have noticed that my skin looks less oily at the end of the day. So while it doesn't change the finish of the foundation, it does help at keeping some of the shine away, just like the name suggests. It's not super mattifying though so don't expect this to keep you totally shine free.


The Ultra Light formula isn't as thick as the Shine Free formula, it's more creamy, but once it's blended out, your skin feels the same as it would if you use the Shine Free one. Your face feels smooth and your foundation blends out easily on top of it. This one doesn't do much for me, if anything at all really. I didn't notice that it made my makeup last any longer than usual and it hasn't made a difference in my skintone like it claims it would. Overall, I would skip on this one but I would recommend checking out the Shine-Free formula.

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts