JULY FAVORITES || BOOKS, MUSIC, SHOWS


    Let's start with the ultimate favorite of July, and it's this blog. Or rather, rediscovering my love for it. My posts have tapered off over the years, and last year I only posted once. It seems fitting that books would remind me of how much I loved typing away in this space. My beloved OST 💌 I'm here to stay this time. I've changed the header, and the layout and the changes feel right. Like a new life for my little blog. I don't think I've ever changed my layout before. I've always had all the links on the right side but I'm liking having the posts in the middle. All my posts so far have been about books and so are all of my drafted ones. But this is still very much an everything under the sun blog, it's just that books are my main love at the moment. 


    Lots of favorites for this month. July actually felt like it was a month long as supposed to all the other months that felt like a week long. This month has had its ups and downs and the country is still on fire. I was going to say the world but other countries have gotten it somewhat together now but not the U.S of A 😀

BOOKS
Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson
Blanca & Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore
When The Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore

MUSIC
Summer Hate - ZICO
Play - Chungha
New Start - NIve
Monster - Red Velvet Irene & Seulgi
Naughty - Red Velvet Irene & Seulgi
What You Waiting For - SOMI
Dessert - HYO ft. Loopy, G-Idle Soyeon
HOLO - Lee Hi

    The entire 'folklore' album by Taylor Swift is on this favorites list. I really like this album, it feels like fall. My favorites are 'peace', 'the 1' and 'exile' ft. Bon Iver. I love all the lyric videos for the whole album, it's very calming. 

SHOWS
Hyori's Bed and Breakfast - Season 2
    I've been watching this non-stop since June. I watched it from the beginning, got to Park Bogum's part, and then I kept "rewatching" just the episodes he's in. I haven't done a complete rewatch of the whole season because I remember not really being interested in the spring portion of the season. The snowy setting and the guests being stuck inside made this season feel super cozy and calming. I really liked the episode where it was just Yoona and Bogum with the guests. 

Avatar: The Last Airbender
    This is my first time watching this and I see. I understand now. I actually watched the Dragon Prince because people said you should watch it if you liked the Avatar so I did because I had nowhere to watch Avatar for free and I didn't want to buy the episodes LOL. Not going to lie, Katara annoys me but someone said that she gets better so I'm hoping that's soon. 

APPS
Forest
    I've been using this app for years now and I'm not very good at remembering to use it, even if I'm not using my phone. I've been using it almost everyday this month and while watching a reading vlog, I learned that you can change the type of plant?? I never questioned what the coins in the top right where for and once I did, I spent almost all of it buying plants. I love how colorful my little forest is now! I also learned that once you reach a certain amount, a tree gets planted in real life.

Lock Me Out
    I wanted to take a break from Instagram and I didn't trust myself to just not get on it so I had to download an app that would actually not let me go on. You can schedule the lock so I chose 8 am to 10 pm. Not being allowed to go on Instagram actually helped me get used to not getting on it, even after I didn't use the app. 

PEOPLE
    I'm just going to go ahead and completely give these four full responsibility for inspiring me to get back into blogging. I follow them on all the social medias and whenever they talk about a new post, a little voice in my head was like ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵉ ʸᵒᵘ and I was also losing inspiration to make YouTube videos so that's why I've been back on here.

Tiffany 
    Blog: readbytiffany.com
    Twitter: readbytiffany
    Instagram: readbytiffany
    YouTube: readbytiffany
Breana
    Blog: milkyboos.com
    Twitter: milkyboos
    Instagram: milkyboos
    YouTube: milkyboos
Beth
    Beth has been uploading a lot of reading vlogs and I've been really enjoying them!
    Blog: booksnest.co.uk
    Twitter: BooksNest
    Instagram: BooksNest
    YouTube: BooksNest
Kate
    Twitter: yourtitakate
    Instagram: yourtitakate
    YouTube: Your Tita Kate

    YouTube is always here to provide me with entertainment and I've discovered some new favorite channels during quaratine, along with the ones mentioned above. My favorite types of videos to watch are reading vlogs and I've been enjoying these channels for their content.

    Regan is not a new favorite, she's one of the few book channels that I've been subscribed to since I first discovered booktube. I've always loved her reading vlogs and she's been posting a lot more because she's working from home. And they're much longer than her usual ones!
Isabella - throneofpages
Shanice - Shanice Noelle
iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts