2016 // NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS



New year, new list of things I want to accomplish. Here are some of the things I want to cross off of my list during 2016.

Get my license - Yup. I am almost 21 years old and I still don't have my license. This was on my 2015 resolutions but that obviously didn't happen. Since I'm going to be home this semester, I'm going to be able to practice driving more.

Expand my portfolio and YouTube channel - I had to make an online portfolio for one of my classes this past fall and actually had to use my YouTube channel for something other than just keeping up with my subscriptions. I want to do a view videos here and there, things that would be better as a video than a blog post. Things like room tours, routines and collections.

Save enough money for a camera - Because I want my blog and YouTube channel to grow, I need a camera of my own to do the things that I want. I mean, you don't need a fancy camera to do blogging or make YouTube videos, but I'd feel a real sense of accomplishment knowing that I saved up and bought something big for myself.

Play the piano again - I was in choir for all four years of high school but I hardly ever touched the piano during that time. Whenever I read music now, I can read the notes for the singing parts without any trouble but it takes me a long time to read the notes in terms of playing it on the piano. We have a keyboard at home so I want to be able to read music again and master at least two songs.

Be better to myself - This was also on my 2015 resolutions but I don't think you can ever get enough of self love right? 

I always get inspired when I read what other people's new years resolutions are. I like knowing what their goals are for the new year and can't help but cheer them on on whatever it is they want to accomplish. This year, I asked some of my friends if they could share their resolutions with us.

Camelia
 Take more risks
Hold myself accountable for all of my actions and responsibilities
Do something that will genuinely make me happy
Be more confident in myself and my abilities
Eat more vegetables

Danica
"Start learning how to cook, actually cook. I'm hoping to be brave enough to search out for recipes and try them out, even if they may not turn out how it's planned."

Anna Maria
"Starting in 2016, I'm going to recognize my own worth and not allow others to treat me poorly, no matter who they are or how much I love them."

Comments

Popular Posts