APRIL FAVORITES



Cue typical rant about how fast the year is going, and usual 'another month, another favorites posts'. 

When I first got the Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup (mouthful of a name), I wasn't blown away by it or anything. I used it for a few days just to try it out, and then kind of forgot about it. I picked it up again about half way through April and oh my goodness I'm so glad I gave it another chance. It doesn't claim to be help control oil but whenever I use this, which has been everyday for the last three weeks, my skin doesn't look greasy or even the slightest bit oily. It doesn't feel like I have any makeup on, and it's just super easy to apply and fuss free. Because my skin isn't looking like a shiny mess, I've been more open to highlighting products. I absolutely love the Milani Baked Blush in Corallina. It's a blush and highlight in one, but the shimmer isn't obnoxiously sparkly. I don't know what brand this brush is, and if it's even a blush brush but I've been using this to apply my blush and I luuurve it. I've been using the Benefit High Beam down the bridge of my nose, and a little bit on the inner corners of my eyes. On times when I didn't wear blush, I dab this on my cheeks to make me look more glowy.

I still love my Tarte mascara but because it wasn't the waterproof formula, at the end of the day I noticed that the mascara was starting to rub off on my lower lash line and made it me look like a raccoon. I decided to try out the Maybelline Rocket Volume Express in the waterproof formula because a lot of people love it and I've been really liking it. It gives good length, and can be built up without being clumpy. For the better part of April, I wore NYX's Butter Gloss in Red. It's a nice, not too bright, everyday kind of lip product. And last but not least, a Coach Poppy/Poppy Blossom Rollerball Duo. If you like floral scents, then you need to check this out. It's floral but not the sickly, overly sweet kind. Poppy is more of a grown up floral scent, with some woody and vanilla undertones. Poppy Blossom is definitely more fruity, and I have to say I like it better out of the two but I love, love, love both of them!

iscelle robee

Comments

  1. Maybelline's The Rocket was one of my favourites throughout April too - super inexpensive compared to tons of others and works really well! Been tempted to try one of NYX's butter glosses too, just can't decide on a colour, hmmm... the red's a pretty one!

    Cat // CACHOO JOO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts