August Favorites



"Wake me up when September eeeends" No? Just me? That's cool. But seriously guys. We're three fourths into 2013. How insane is that?! I know I said this during every favorites post, but I just can't help. Time is moving too fast for my liking! I was fairly busy during the month of August, and now I'm even more busy with work and school and choir and I'm rambling about things that have nothing to do with my monthly favorites. So. August favorites, here we go!




Let's do non-beauty products first! You guys may or may not know this but I love journals and office supplies and cute stationary sets. I'm talking about true love soulmate till death due us part sort of love. It's actually getting out of hand. And for stationary/journals fans like me, Moleskine is a brand that's always on your wish list. My experience with Moleskine has always been a admire from afar sort of deal but this passed month I took the plunge and invested in an 18 month academic planner. Every year I tell myself that I'm going to keep up with a planner and be super organized but I could never seem to  remember to write down the things I'm supposed to remember. Ain't it ironic? It's keeping me organized with all my college applications and homework. And to go along with my wonderful planner are my beloved Sharpie Pens. If you've ever used one then you'll know what all the fuss is about.


I used to wear at least two rings everyday when I was in  junior high but when I started high school, all that bling just seemed to get in the way. But over the summer I went a little crazy with the jewelry at Forever 21. Out of the rings that I bought, this cutout Chevron esque ring is my favorite! I always get compliments whenever I wear it and it's made a lovely home on my hand.


As I've said before, I am moving into eye shadow territory and I am about to be a permanent residence. I didn't even realize that I've been wearing eye shadow everyday of school until one of my friends pointed it out. Nothing too drastic but I have been wearing a slightly darker look. I either use my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt or my Revlon Creme Shadows quad for my all over color but I've been using a mixture of the shimmery copper/brown and the matte brown shadows as my crease color. It's a Forever 21 palette so the pigmentation isn't anything amazing but just for a subtle definition, the two colors look really good together. To apply the crease colors, I've been loving this Estee Lauder eye shadow brush. I'm sure any small eye shadow brush would do the job but this one just so happens to be the one I have and I love it!


Another Forever 21 purchase is this silver triangle necklace. It's really plain but that's the kind of style I like. Simple, goes with a lot of outfits and I gotta have my triangle cause I'm a hipsta. I kid, I kid. And last but certainly not least is the Revlon Colorstay Nail Polish in "Bare Bones". I first heard of this polish through essiebutton on YouTube a few months ago and she went on about how this is the perfect nude and now that I've tried it I totally agree! It's kind of an oatmeal color and it's not like other nudes where it's too pinky toned. I refer to this as my 'professional polish' because I just feel all grown up and sophisticated whenever I wear this color.

And those are my August favorites! What products have you been loving?

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts