SEPTEMBER NOTES: READING LOG || SEPT. 22 - 28

This week is pretty light in terms of workload. As always, I want to read a lot but I'm having a hard time focusing. I don't know if it's because I'm tired from reading school related texts or if its the books I've been picking up.

September 22, Tuesday

September 23, Wednesday

    My hold for Every Heart a Doorway by Seana McGuire became available last night and I decided to read because it’s short and it'd be a quick read. Kayla from BooksandLala loves this series and I've been wanting to read it for a while now. I remember seeing people describe this as Alice in Wonderland but what happens after she comes back to the real world and no one believes the things she saw in Wonderland. That's a good way to describe it but no one ever mentions that there's murder!! Because of the school setting and murder, it's the Alice in Wonderland description mixed with Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. If you liked the Peculiar Children series, you'll probably like the Wayward Children series.

September 24, Thursday

    I watched Enola Holmes yesterday, which was great!!, so I decided to read My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows because I was in a historical fiction mood. I've been interested in The Lady Janies series for awhile now but this whole time I thought My Lady Jane was about Jane Seymour. Although this isn't about Jane Seymour, this starts off with Edward, her son, dying and needing to find an heir to the throne. Not counting his half-sisters, the throne would pass on to the Gray family and that's how Jane gets engaged.

September 25, Friday

September 26, Saturday

    Another one of my library holds became available and it was another short one, Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh. I also know about this book from Kayla from BooksandLala and she said it was weird but she liked it. I didn't think it was weird at all. Sometimes with really short books the story either feels really rushed or like there's not enough information and you feel lost while reading. This one was perfect with the amount of information you're given. I have the sequel on hold from Libby and I'm hoping it becomes available soon.

September 27, Sunday

    I thought Edward was going to die and then this would be about Jane being queen but it's not. She does become queen though but then she realizes the plot to kill Edward. I like that the issue of religious differences was changed into a fantasy element and that's what kept the story going. I liked that the authors inserted themselves into the writing to actually talk to the reader and explained things. 

September 28, Monday


iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts