AUGUST FAVORITES

    Anyone else felt like August dragged on? Maybe it's the world trying to give us more time before we have to go back to the real world for fall. Throughout the month I kept thinking it was later in the month already when it wasn't. Time is a strange thing isn't it?

BOOKS

Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
Blackbird Fly by Erin Entrada Kelly

Ebooks are a surprising favorite of the month. Libby has been a wonderful addition to my life and I'm realizing and appreciating the absolute privilege I have to have access to library books. Majority of the books I read this month were library books from Libby. When it comes to ebooks, I've learned that I can read contemporary much easier than fantasy. It's still difficult for me to follow fantasy plot lines in ebook form. Now that I'm more comfortable reading ebooks I'm going to stick with using Libby for contemporary books and buy physical copies for fantasy books. 

MUSIC

Waves - Kang Daniel ft. Simon Dominic, Jamie
DUMDi -DUMDi - (G)i-DLE
Movie - Kang Daniel ft. Dvwn
This Mountain - Faouzia
Trouble - Valerie Broussard
Do You Miss Me At All - Bridgit Mendler
Bad Dreams (Stripped) - Faouzia
We So Fly - Emma Kern
Ice Cream - BLACKPINK, Selena Gomez
Ok - Elli Moore

I've been listening to Elisha David's Un Nouvel Adieu a lot while reading. My favorite tracks are A Promenade Through the Sky, Enchantment, and Clockwork Automata.


YOUTUBE/PEOPLE

    I've been rewatching all of Emma's 24hr readathon vlogs from Drinking By My Shelf. Her video reading The Princess Diaries series with her sister is actually the first video I had watched from her and now I look forward to whenever she does her 24hr readathons. I love her channel as a whole but her 24hr readathons are definitely a favorite and I've been using the playlist as background noise.

Mari
    Mari is pretty much the only person I talk to in the book community. When I still had my book twitter account and I would tweet about a new video, she would always retweet or quote tweet it and she always comments on my videos. She's a precious bean who is very supportive and encouraging. The first conversation we had was actually about her making YouTube videos. As I'm typing this, I went on Twitter and the first tweet I see is Mari tweeting about my latest video?? I tell you, a supportive, precious bean. 


Follow her on all the platform because she's great and she deserves it.

Twitter: macnbooks
Instagram: macnbooks
YouTube: mac n' books

SHOWS/MOVIES

    I found out the original Jurassic trilogy is on Netflix and that's all I've been watching on repeat. Yes, even the second one. I've been reading to screaming and dinosaur growling all month long. AND NOW I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THEY'RE GOING AWAY AT THE END OF SEPTEMBER. I am upset.

    I've been rewatching a lot of old Running Man episodes from years ago, when Gary was still a part of the cast. It's been bringing me a lot of joy and nostalgia seeing the celebrity guests that I no longer see in variety shows.

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts