MILANI CONCEAL + PERFECT 2 IN 1 FOUNDATION AND CONCEALER


In my quest of becoming cruelty free when it comes to makeup, Milani was one of the brands that I zeroed in on because their new products kept getting featured in haul videos. One makeup product I'm looking for a cruelty free alternative for is my beloved L'oreal Pro Matte foundation and when the review videos of the Milani's new foundation kept popping up, I decided to jump on the bandwagon.

If you've seen any reviews about this foundation then you'd know that they run kind of dark and more on the yellow side. There is 14 shades totally and if you're super fair, you won't find a shade to match you. After looking at swatches and videos, I decided to get Light Beige 03.


First off, I really like the packaging. It's a glass bottle and the ombre affect is pretty. It comes with a pump, which is always a good thing especially for drugstore and the pump makes it easy to control how much comes out. It says it's medium to full coverage and it definitely is. You can get a medium coverage with just half a pump and a full pump gets you full coverage. It's a thick consistency, not runny at all, and there is a scent. Some people have described it as 'rosey' and some people said it smelled sweet. I'm leaning more towards the rosey smell because it's definitely something floral. The scent is quite strong, you can smell it when you're putting the foundation on your face but once you're done applying and blending it out, the smell isn't noticeable. 


It doesn't say anywhere what kind of finish it has but it's definitely more on the natural to dewy side. When I first apply it, I love the way it looks. I use a damp Beauty Blender just to thin it out a tiny bit and the result leaves my skin looking flawless. I love the coverage and the finish isn't too glowy and it doesn't look flat either. BUT: two hours later and my skin is way past dewy, it's definitely oily. The foundation itself still looked good, it had't rubbed off anywhere but it's not for oily skinned people unless you powder throughout the day

I've used it a few times now and I'm torn. I love literally everything about this foundation except for the fact that it does nothing to control oil. I'll continue to use this but I think this one will just be used for days where I don't have full days.

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts