THINGS THAT BRING ME COMFORT || #COMFORTCHALLENGE

I was tagged by Kaatya from kaatreadsalot to do the #comfortchallange tag on Instagram! 

A lot of people put things that were childhood favorites which makes perfect sense. Media we consumed as kids bring back the nostalgia is simpler, and often, better times. I did have some answers that were from when I was younger but a lot of them were from recent years.

Whenever I think of things that bring me comfort, I think back to what I turned to at the beginning of the pandemic.  Maybe because that's the latest "big event" where every piece of media I consumed had the possibility to be comforting and really, just like everyone else, I turned to books, shows and music for comfort during that time.  

BOOKS

- Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
- Heartstopper series by Alice Oseman
- Cinder by Marissay Meyer
- Simon Snow trilogy
- The Outsiders by S.E hinton
- Hello, Universe by Erin Entrada Kelly
- Hoot by Carl Hiaasen

TV SERIES

- SKAM (Norway)
- Age of Youth // Age of Youth 2
- Hyori's Homestay Season 2 (reality show)
- Cheese in The Trap
- Our Flag Means Death

FILMS

- The Devil Wears Prada
- Pride and Prejudice (2005)
- Harriet the Spy
- The Chronicles of Narnia trilogy
- Jurassic Park
- Nanny McPhee
- Mary Poppins

MUSIC

- Seasons of Love from the musical RENT
- Un Nouvel Adieu album by Elisha David
- I'm Good by The Mowgli's
- Happy Ending by Mika
- Settle Down by Kimbra
- From: Me by NIve
- Getaway by NIve
- Replay (누난 너무 예뻐) by SHINee
- So Do You by Hoffmaestro
- These Words by Natasha Bedingfield
- Rose-Colored Boy by Paramore
- A Drop in The Ocean by Ron Pope
- Numb Little Bug (piano ver) by Em Beihold

    A lot of these are pre-pandemic comfort media but not from my childhood. A lot of them are tied to specific times of my life where I was happy or at least hopeful about things changing for the better. Even though there's a tinge of sadness attached to some of these, they always make me feel calm and it's like a part of my brain resets and I'm able to go on and function a little bit more like I should. I know there's seems to be an never ending list of things to be stressful about these days and I hope you're all doing as well as you can and that you're taking care of yourselves.

Wishing you all brighter days and calmer seas 🌿

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts