LETTERS TO APRIL



April is associated with spring and the word is supposedly from the verb aperire, "to open"an allusion to spring being the season where trees and flowers "open". The month of April is kind of like January for me. It marks another year of my life. Another year of being older, and gaining more knowledge. But it also brings more anxiety and more worries about the future. As I get older, I've become more withdrawn and isolated from the people around me. It's hard for me to open up to people and whenever I do open up, I feel awkward and as if my feelings aren't welcomed. Instead of going back to not sharing, I want to be comfortable in my own skin again and not worry so much about what other people think or need them  to validate my feelings. 

I want to grow and be more open and accept my emotions instead of hiding them away. April is my month and I hope that it'll be good to me.

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts