HI HELLO, OLD FRIEND + RECENT POCKETS OF JOYS 💌

 

    Hi, friend. It's been a minute hasn't it? I didn't even realize that my last post was from January! I'm still not fully processing that we're almost at the end of the year, honestly. Life is good but the usual stress is a bit heightened because things are half solidified, half in the air. I feel like the second half of this year was more confusing than the entirety of last year when it comes to personal and professional life because you couldn't make any plans and knew 100% that it was going to happen. How were we supposed to plan for the future when the future is in flux? ( little plug for a favorite YouTuber of mine ✨).

    No real reason why I'm here. I guess I was just in a ~chatty mood~ and felt like talking about something. While I'm here, I might as well talk about things I've been loving lately!



2 Days, 1 Night

    I 've been a fan of the show since season 3 and I was really sad when they went off air due to what happened with one of the cast members. When they returned for season 4 with a new cast, I was excited and looking forward to how the new main producer and members would carve out their new path. I stopped watching around Christmas time (for no real reason) and I only recently caught up with 10 months worth of episodes. If you follow Korean variety shows or dramas, then you'll probably know that one of the members had his private life exposed to the media. The producers of 2D1N have said the member is no longer a part of the show, which I am very sad about them. They created a good atmosphere with the other members and I'm sure it's going to take a while to get used to not having them in the show. I hope everyone involved with the "scandal" are able to resolve the issue with no further harm to anyone and for 2D1N to continue for a long time!

    





WTF1

    Yes, I am a sports fan now. Just like so many other people (Americans, especially) I've been hooked on "Drive to Survive" and now I'm waking up at 7 on Sundays to watch grown men drive around 50-70 times around a track. For anyone wondering, I'm cheering for McLaren as a team and I want Sir Lewis Hamilton to win his 8th World Championship, thank you Amen. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before but I just love listening to people talk about things I'm interested in. I love listening to the WTF1 post race podcast because it's just a casual talk about the race. It's not a super focus analysis on the race and the strategies. They also do a shorter podcast after qualifying to talk about the condition of the cars from that weekend and they talk about predictions on how the race will go the next day. It's just nice listening to their thoughts about the races. It's fans creating content for other fans. 


Street Woman Fighter

I love an Mnet survival show, I really do. I love the contrived drama, the "evil editing", the stars that come out of the shows. Street Woman Fighter is a competition between 8 all female dance crews and I started watching it after watching a few clip and realizing that I knew a lot of them already. Most notably I knew YGX because duh YG and LaChica have choreographed and performed with ChungHa and HyoYeon. I love that the crews are getting so much love from the public and they're all getting so many pictorials and brand deals!


Showterview with Jessi

Speaking of stars coming out of an Mnet survival show! I've been a fan of Jessi since she was in Unpretty Rapstar and I'm so happy that she's finally being seen as more than her image from the show. Every show that Jessi is in becomes a hit so it's not surprise to me that Showterview is one of the most popular talk/variety shows!





iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts