DECEMBER/JANUARY FAVORITES


Happy 2017! It's been awhile since I've been around here. Of course, with the holidays things were crazy but other things got in the way as well. I'm excited to get back to writing on here though and what better way to come back than with a favorites post! When I was thinking of the things that I'd been loving, I was thinking about makeup products and realized that I've been using all the things and didn't really change up my routine. But then I started thinking about my non-beauty favorites and I had a ton. I decided to combine my favorites from December and January because a lot of them are the same.


My only makeup are these Lippie Pencils from Colourpop and the Ultra Satin Lip in Tansy. Honestly, everything Colourpop does is gold. I've yet to be disappointed with their products and they keep releasing new products all the time. I swear, the day they release face products like foundation and concealer is the day I saw goodbye to every other brand!

Another beauty product I've been loving is Batiste dry shampoo, specifically the for dark hair. Because it has a hint of color instead of the usual white, it makes it very easy to blend in with my hair instead of leaving white streaks.


I don't think I've ever featured a book in my favorites before, probably because I'm guilty of starting books and not finishing them until months later. But for Christmas, one of my friends gave me the famously aesthetic milk and honey by rupi kaur. It's a collection poems and if you have social media then you've probably seen it because, like I said, it's ~aesthetic~. But I actually really like the poems inside. The poet's style is my favorite kind of poetry, it's free-verse and very conversational. I have seen some people say that they don't get the hype for exactly those reasons but definitely worth a read. The night I got this, I just sat there and read it in one go. And then I read it again while putting tabs on the ones that I really liked.

I used to journal when I was younger but it's been years since I did it regularly. At the end of December, I decided to journal again and I've fallen back inlove with it. I've written in my notebook everyday and it's been really helpful on days where my brain is going non-stop. I've also been kind of using at as a bullet journal. Well, it's like 98% regular journal and 2% bullet journal. For the most part, I've just been writing my thoughts in it like a regular journal but I made monthly calendars and I have pages for different kinds of lists, like books I've read, movies I've watched, etc.. The pens that I've been using the most are these Dong-A Fine Tech .3 pens. Because they're super fine, I love the way my handwriting looks whenever I use them. Part of the "2% bullet journal" are the pictures that I printed out. I used a regular glue stick in the beginning but then I discovered craft tape. The one that I have is the Ad-tech Crafter's Dot Glue Runner and it works like the white-out tapes. I love this little contraption, it works really well and perfect for journaling and scrapbooking. 


Music Favorites
All I Want for Christmas is You - Karmin
Winter Things - Ariana Grande
Oh Nana - K.A.R.D
Baba - Amine
Issues - Julia Michaels
Wut - Le1f
Run Up - Major Lazor ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR, Nicki Minaj

YouTube Favorites
Joan Kim (main channel) // joanday (vlog channel) - I love her vlogs! Cute Korean restaurants and cafes all day, err day.
Eater - My favorite is the Dining on the Dime series and the short Alton Brown: On Tour series they did.

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts