TOO FACED MELTED LIQUIFIED LIPSTICKS



Melted Ruby // Melted Jelly Donut

I was gifted these two Too Faced Melted lipsticks back in April for my birthday but it wasn't until recently that I tried them out. When these first came out about two years ago now, that was the start of the liquid lipstick craze. A lot of people really liked these but I wasn't too interested because I like matte finishes or at least not super glossy finishes. 

These Melted lipsticks are $21 and comes in 18 shades. Here is what the Too Faced website has for its description:

Get the staying power of a stain, the intense color of a liquid lipstick and the high shine of a gloss in one long-wear formula. Using exclusive technology to keep cauldrons of molten lipsticks liquid and creamy, Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick comfortably coats lips in bursts of intense, high-impact, super rich, saturated color that lasts for hours.

MORE TO LOVE:

  • Too Faced Co-Founder and Creative Director Jerrod Blandino had never seen lipstick more beautiful, intense, rich and glossy than when it’s in its melted form in the cosmetic labs. With this inspiration, we created a lipstick liquified so it doesn’t lose its pigment or shine while keeping a comfortable, flexible and cushiony wear.
  • Provides high-impact, super rich, saturated pigment in a long-wear formula.
  • Precision tip applicator to allow for a clean, effortless application each time (no liner needed!)
  • Vegan-Friendly

So from those claims I can say that yes; they have intense color payoff, they are glossy, they do wear for a long time and its tip applicator is easy to use. But while they are glossy at first application, the shine eventually wears off, which is fine with me because I don't like glossy lip products. Because they're not matte, they do transfer and wear off if you eat or drink throughout the day. They wear off nicely, though, and they leave your lips with a pretty stain. I don't see myself wearing these on a daily basis, just because the two colors I have are super bright and in your face, but I do like them and will definitely be wearing them on special occasions or on days where I'm feeling fancy.

Side note: the Jelly Donut shade comes out as a creme, like an actual liquid lipstick and is significantly less shiny than the Ruby shade. The Ruby shade also comes out a lot thinner. It's almost watery and I have to keep squeezing until the actual lipstick part comes out. Did I just get a bad one or is it supposed to be like that?


iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts