KOREAN WEB SERIES I WANT TO WATCH THIS YEAR


    Last week I remembered that Weki Meki Kim Doyeon and Kim Yoojung were in a web drama together. I looked it up and saw that it was only 8 episodes so I decided to watch it. I wasn't expecting anything, especially because I have a history of not finishing dramas, but I finished the whole thing in like a day and actually really liked it. 


    It's about two girls who have attended all-girls schools their entire lives and once they get to college (also all-girls), they end up living in a share house with three guys. The premise sounds like it would be a lot of fun and while it ended up not really being much in terms of plot, it was still enjoyable to watch. The episodes were all short, the longest was just under 19 minutes and it was the finale. It was refreshing to watch and now it's sparked a want to watch other web dramas. Most of them have short episodes and are set in high school or university which I love. They also usually deal with topics in a lighter way, not so dramatic that it feels unapproachable. Overall web dramas feel more relatable and are much easier to consume that traditional dramas.


A-Teen (2018) and A-Teen 2 (2019)

    A-Teen is actually one that I started when it was still being released but I stopped watching about half-way through. I don't remember why I stopped watching because I remember really liking it. So for this one, it's more of a "I want finish it and then watch the sequel".


Love Playlist (2017 - 2019)

    I think this has a few seasons and it follows university students dealing with the usual pressures of life; school, friendships, relationships, careers. I see this often recommended so I'm excited to marathon the seasons!


XX (2020)

    This stars Hani from EXID! This is about a bartender who helps solve romantic problems her customers have while overcoming some of her own. I think this is the only one on this list that isn't about high school or college aged characters.


The World of My 17 (2020)

    Another thing that web dramas usually feature are idols. A lot of them debut in acting through these types of dramas. This one has Arin from Oh My Girl, Kim Do Ah from FANATICS and Kwon Hyun Bin from JBJ. I think this one focuses on friendships more than romance and I'm always looking for more platonic stories.


The Way I Hate You (2019)

    I know about this one because Jaemin from NCT is one of the mains! This is adapted from a webtoon and it follows the romantic adventures of college freshman. 


Where Your Eyes Linger (2020)

    I remember seeing this around Tumblr last year and I had no idea it was Korean. I don't think I've ever seen an LGBTQ drama come from Korea before. This is about a chaebol and his bestfriend/bodyguard, and I feel like that's all I need to know about it. We love a friends to lovers, bodyuard!AU


iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts