WINTER SKINCARE + MAKEUP FAVES


I think everyone can relate about having dry skin during winter. We're experiencing a long winter in Texas and my skin is not happy about it. Fortunately, I've found products that have been helping my skin stay normal and prevent my makeup from looking cakey despite the harsh weather.

I've been using the Innisfree Green Tea balancing lotion for a while now and it's a really watery consistency. This was fine by itself before it got really cold but since the temperatures have dropped, I've been using the Valjean Labs Glow Facial Serum. Not going to lie, this was an impulse buy at TJ Maxx but I looked at reviews while I was in store and people seemed to like it. It has Vitamin C and Magnesium so it's been really good for keeping my skin looking bright.

For makeup, I've been using the elf Cosmetics High Definition Powder in Soft Luminance. This has shimmer in it so if you don't like that, I would stay away from this. I didn't know it would have shimmer in it when I bought it but I've been really liking this powder, especially under the eyes and the cheeks. You don't see the shimmer unless you look really up close but it looks beautiful on the skin when it catches the light. It's a great way to look glowy without being dewy or putting on highlighter. To avoid looking cakey, I spray the Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist. Kind of like how a highlighter intensifies when you use it wet, the elf powder looks even more glorious after you use a face mist.


EDIT: Coming back to tell you about something that I can't believe I forgot to include in the first place. I bought a few these little sample packets of The Body Shop Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask. I've already used up one packet and as you can see, I'm onto the second one. I think you're meant to use one packet per masking session but I put a good amount all over my face and the packet lasted me three times so there's a good amount in there for you to try and see if you actually like. I don't actually know how long you're supposed to leave this on but I've been leaving it on for about 30-45 minutes and my skin is so flipping smooth afterwards. I bought these in person but it's also available on the website if you want to try it out, and of course they have the full size there as well.

iscelle robee

Comments

Popular Posts